SCS is a social gaming platform, where players create and explore 3D worlds together. Almost everything in SCS can be "hacked" to modify the default behaviour, and create custom experiences.
Get started by downloading the SCS app. The first time you open the app, you will have to create an account (or sign-in if you already have an account).
Every time you launch the app, your avatar will start in the SCS HQ world. Explore and take a look around, on your own or with friends. SCS HQ has tutorials, secret portals, and special unlocks. Once you have explored SCS HQ, create the first world of your own. Head to the next section of the guide to learn how to create and make changes to your world.
- WORLD NAME — name of the world that you are currently in.
- MENU BUTTON — opens with key options to navigate to different parts of the SCS experience.
- JOYSTICK — drag to move your avatar in any direction.
- AVATAR CUSTOMIZATION BUTTON — change your avatar and customize how it looks and moves; create and save outfits that can be used to customize NPCs in your worlds. Browse and purchase customization options in the store!
- MATRIX MODE BUTTON — tap on this button to see highlighting on every item in the world that has been hacked. In "matrix mode", you can see the code in any hacked item by approaching it and tapping on the "View" button (see below.)
- SNAPSHOT BUTTON — take and save a snapshot of the world you are in.
- EMOTE BUTTON — open up a list of possible emotes that you can use for your avatar. Browse and purchase more emotes in the store!
- JUMP BUTTON — if jumping is enabled in the world that you are in, tap on this button to make your avatar jump.
- INTERACTION BUTTON — if it is possible to interact with an entity, this button will be highlighted and tappable when you approach the entity.
- DASH BUTTON — if dashing is enabled in the world that you are in, tap on this button to make your avatar dash.
- WEAPON CONTROL — drag to activate your weaspon. If you are in "Shooter" camera mode, this button will not appear and you should simply tap on your screen to activate your weapon.
As outlined above. When the "matrix mode" button is pressed, you can see highlighting on every item in the world that has been hacked.
In this case, tapping on the "View" button will open up the script running on the "Combat Tutorial" arrow in the Lua Editor.
In this way, you can check out the code in any world that you happen to be in to see how the builder created it. The script in a world that you did not publish will be "read only" however, you can copy some or all of it to try similar things out in your own worlds!